The renovation of the St. Regis New York, completed with the approval of the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, included all new guestroom and suite configurations; new electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems; two new elevators; new insulated windows; and a restored canopy.
The newly created lobby area and Astor Tea Lounge surround guests with marble columns under a dramatic, two-story ceiling featuring eight hand-painted trompe l’oeil murals and a grand crystal chandelier.
The project included newly configured meeting and social function rooms including the Fountainebleau Room, featuring custom plaster moldings with 22-karat gold leaf details; La Maisonette, a new four-room conference suite; and Lespinasse’s new kitchen. Other renovated lower lobby areas include a gift shop, business center, barber shop and health club.
The King Cole Bar and Salon was re-created around its restored namesake, Maxfield Parrish’s famous 1906 Old King Cole mural.
The 250-seat St. Regis Roof Ballroom features décor dominated by a ceiling of clouds and gilt detailing.
17 October 2013
“A St. Regis New York Face-Lift Spurs a Glamour Campaign”
The New York Times