HOK Design Annual 2015 Details Projects From Around the World
HOK Design Annual 2015 demonstrates the power of great design to enrich people’s lives through 40 architecture, interior design, engineering and planning projects.
The book documents the creative design process behind these high-profile projects using early schematic drawings, precise computer-rendered models, detailed plans and vibrant photography. Descriptions of each project tell the story behind the design, intent and realization of each building. Highlights of the new book include:
- ARTIC: A futuristic transportation center in Southern California.
- An ecotourism resort in eastern China – East Taihu Lake Golden Bay Tourism Complex.
- A stunning new stadium for the Atlanta Falcons with a retractable roof.
- Porsche Cars North America’s sleek experience center and headquarters in Atlanta.
- A new office tower in San Francisco’s South of Market district – 535 Mission Street.
- In New York City, a transparent yet highly secure embassy for the government of Singapore.
- A bio-inspired NOAA research center on a national historic landmark site in Hawaii.
HOK’s collaborative process involves multidisciplinary teams working across specialties and offices. Drawing from extensive experience, HOK Design Annual 2015 documents how the firm’s design solutions fulfill the needs of each client through the blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art.