Application Process + Tips
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Apply
The first step is to visit our current openings page. Once you’ve identified an opportunity of interest, we invite you to submit your profile online. A member of our recruitment team will review your credentials against the requirements for that particular role. You will then be contacted regarding next steps.
Step 2: Assess
At HOK, we offer various options for two-way communication during the hiring process. Depending on the role, location and timeliness, we may initiate our dialogue with you by telephone or through an in-person interview. We recognize an interview should serve a mutual benefit and invite your questions.
Step 3: Offer
It’s decision time. Our team works equally hard to ensure the right hiring decision is made for you and HOK. Offers are extended from a member of our team.
Once you’ve accepted an offer at HOK, you will receive additional details about your on-boarding experience.
If you are not selected for a particular role after your interview, you will receive communication from a member of our team.
Tips for Applicants
- Use your portfolio to help you tell your story and show your work.
- Select best projects and best images – simple is better.
- During an interview, save the best image for last – leaving it open during the conversation can leave a lasting impression.
- Put contact information up front, where it is easy to find.
- Consider adding volunteer activities in addition to work experience.
- Include experience that demonstrates teamwork and organizational skills.
- Prepare ahead of time – know what is in your portfolio.
- Weave your strengths and aspirations into the conversation.